Monday 28 January 2013

Still in Zagreb


It is amazing how fast each Tuesday comes!

Here I am once again looking at tomorrow being Tuesday.  Am I ready to share with you our trip to Croatia? I hope so.

The final arrangements are almost complete for our departure to India. Tomorrow is a book club at Nicholas Hoare in Toronto so we will be heading there weather permitting around 10:00 AM. It is time to share "God of Small Things"!

Before I depart I must tell you a little more about "Amazing Zagreb!
September 17, 2012
I had arranged a tour of the city with "Dora Fila". We used Dora's company on our first visit as she came recommended by Miljenka for her perfect English Tours. It was a great success so once again I hired Dora. Our tour started in Park Zrinjevac where we first saw the 'Plane Trees' and the beautiful gazebo.

After our city walking tour we went to a new museum ...new to me! 'Lauba', is a privately owned contemporary art gallery, well worth a visit.  The art of Zagreb is exciting and in this museum it represents today!

At this time in our trip I hadn't discovered 'mini memories'. I was still painting with my watercolour (Canadian spelling) paints and drawing with a marker. As you can see the marker used to draw the gazebo was much finer then the one to draw "Coffee Street",  below. It is amazing how the change of a pen changes the way you draw. The larger the pen the faster and simpler the drawing. I am learning something new each day.

Just behind the umbrella and below the sundial clock is the statue of Marija Juric Zagorka, Croatian writer and journalist who was born in 1873 and lived till 1957.



 See you here on Feb. 5th my last posting before I head to India.




No comments:

Post a Comment