Wednesday 14 October 2015

continuing on

Did you ever think that if you left something the necessary information to continue, when you are ready would not be there? That is what happened here. I have been trying and trying to get back to sharing my travels but just couldn't work it out. BING it came to me.

Hello all!
When I left you it was Oct. 10, 2013. Imagine. I was travelling in France on a watercolour workshop.

So here we are it is never too late to share the excitement of travel. As you can see by the notation on the side we were in Honfleur October 12-13 2013. Our accommodation the "Le Hotel Cheval Blanc" was right in the harbour and we couldn't ask for more. The weather wasn't the greatest but our spirits were high so out we went paint brush in hand.  The next page in my sketch book is a sketch and if far from being done so I would include it. What you need to know is what is written around the sketch. Oct. 13, 2013 forecast sunny to cloudy, mostly cloudy and cold but so much to see, so much to paint - blue shadows pink midtown, lunch on my own 'crepe poullette at 'Creperie des Arts ' Our day included a visit to the Musee Boudin, a popular stop for artists out to capture the essence of Honfleur. The Sainte Catherine's Clock Tower an amazing wooden structure in the middle of the main square had all the history that you could want. My problem was I spent too much time worrying about the perspective and not enough with my brush. Next time I will work faster. It is certainly an interesting challenge.

Samuel Champlain departed from this harbour in 1608 to the Americas where he founded 
 Quebec City" 



No comments:

Post a Comment